Eco by Sonya

08:45 Simply Shrinking 1 Comments


I've been wanting to do a product review for a while but I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to review! I knew I wanted to try something that was cruelty free because as consumers we have more choice and it is lovely knowing that animals or the environment are not suffering for us to buy beauty products. Generally I always think of LUSH as the leader in cruelty free products but recently discovered Eco by Sonya Ecotan products which are an absolute lifesaver!

All of the products are certified organic by the Organic Food Chain of Australia, cruelty free and 100% free from toxins. What we put on the outside of our body can be absorbed into our skin so we don't want any hidden nasties creeping into our systems making the toxic free certification a real bonus as some fake tanning products contain harmful substances. 


I got to try the Winter Skin (Here), Invisible Tan (Here) and the Extreme Exfoliant Glove (Here) and I couldn't be happier with the results. They arrived really quickly and in really beautiful packaging. Firstly I used the exfoliant glove to ensure I got rid of any dry skin before I put on the Invisible Tan which is recommended to stop any build up. You can use it in the bath/shower with, or even without, your favourite soap or simply as a dry rub which is fantastic if you're short on time. 

The glove worked absolutely brilliantly and I don't think my skin has ever felt so smooth. I used mine in the bath and wet the glove before gently massaging my body and face without the need for any extra exfoliating cream. I used to use the £1 exfoliating gloves from Primark but I think they are a bit too harsh on my skin as it is sensitive plus they're not very nice to wear so now I am converted for sure!
I decided to use the Invisible Tan first as I wanted a fast result to wear shorts the next day. This can be applied like any normal tanning cream in the morning or before bed and it will not stain your sheets or clothes! I have white sheets and I couldn't find any marks on them at all when I woke up. I did however wake up to a lovely honey-coloured tan and silky smooth skin. There was no orange patches on my knees or ankles and making sure that I washed my hands after application meant that I definitely didn't have dirty looking palms. These were my results after a single application of the Invisible Tan.


Unfortunately I couldn't get the same light but after one application I had people asking me if I had been on holiday! It worked so well on my face that I didn't have to wear any foundation and just put on some mascara! I'm going to use the Winter Skin to keep my Invisible Tan topped up as it works on the same principle as tanners like Johnson's Holiday Skin or Dove which build up with each application. It extends the life of the tan and also keeps your skin beautifully soft and nourished with the natural ingredients such as aloe vera. If you are in the UK then the Eco by Sonya products can be purchased from Naturally Wright (Here) or if from the Ecotan webiste (Here) if you live in New Zealand, The USA, Australia and Canada. 

I will definitely be getting them again and I would recommend them to anyone!

xoxo

1 comment: